Any experienced gardener will not turn their back on their garden until they have mulched, mulched and used more mulch. They love it – almost to an obsessional point. But it is one of the most effective and efficient products to make your life easier and your garden to have an improved ability to thrive with minimal intervention.
Mulch assists in holding moisture in the soil, reducing weed growth, feeds the soils by introducing composting over a lengthy period of time. Sugarcane will break down much faster than Tea Tree mulch but it also gives an improved compost service to your garden. It is a cheaper mulch and you will need less to cover your garden. Sugarcane is beneficial for vegetable gardens and most rose gardeners will also stick to sugarcane mulch around their roses.
Sugar Cane Mulch provides a simple, safe and cost effective way of maintaining your home garden. It’s perfect for all gardens and potted plants. Made from an organic, renewable resource; Rocky Point Sugar Cane Mulch is finely chopped and fully dust extracted, making it the best quality and cleanest garden mulch available.
Tea Tree is our preferred hard wood mulch as it is a white ant deterrent. Aesthetically speaking, it is a lovely mulch which enhances the look of your garden. It takes longer to break down so is a long-term cost-effective mulch.
Our mulches are available in plastic bales. We offer bulk discounts on all of our mulches and bag mixes.
How do I use Tea Tree Mulch?
- Remove all existing weeds from the area to be mulched.
- If you are using Tea Tree Mulch for the first time, you’ll need to spread an even layer to a depth of 40-100 mm.
- If you are re-mulching existing areas, you’ll need to spread an even layer to a depth of 20-40 mm.
- Ensure the mulch does not contact the stems of your plants.
- Tea Tree Mulch is packaged completely dry, so once spread, water in well to improve water retention and wind resistance.